The Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) has issued the circular that, any passenger traveling from Bangladesh to other countries must hold the Covid-19 negative certificates from the 23rd of July.
The circular said, “As per directives of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), all departing passengers from Bangladesh must show Covid-19 negative certificates from government-listed 16 testing facilities, done not more than 72 hours before their international flights.”
During the press release, The Civil Aviation and Tourism Ministry of Bangladesh update the requirement to provide the passports and air tickets at the testing facilities during the collection of samples for COVID 19 test before 72 hours of their flight. The passenger must stay in home isolation and can not move out after the sample is provided until the flight days. Every laboratory test will be costing Bangladesh Taka TK 3,500/- per passenger while testing in laboratories or Tk 4,500/- while making arrangements to collect a sample from their residence.
The decision was made during a virtual inter-ministerial meeting chaired by foreign minister Dr. AK Abdul Momen in presence of health and family welfare minister Zahid Maleque, expatriate welfare, and overseas employment minister Imran Ahmad and state minister for foreign affairs Md Shahriar Alam on 12th July. It was also recommended on uploading all Covid-19 certificates on the website of respective authorized coronavirus testing authorities.
Below are the 16 government-authorized testing facilities center:
- National Institute of Laboratory Medicine and Referral Centre
- Institute of Public Health, Dhaka
- National Institute of Preventive, and Social Medicine in Dhaka
- Sher-E-Bangla Medical College, Barishal
- Bangladesh Institute of Tropical and Infectious Diseases, Chattogram
- Cox’s Bazar Medical College (IEDCR Field Laboratory)
- Cumilla Medical College; Narayanganj 300 Bed Hospital
- Khulna Medical College
- Kushtia Medical Colleg
- Mymensingh Medical College
- Bogura Medical College
- Rajshahi Medical College
- M Abdur Rahim Medical College
- Dinajpur; Rangpur Medical College
- Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College.
News Source: CLICK HERE